- Posts: 37
Big Sale Has Started - UPDATED 07-31-25 (01 Apr 2025)
As some of you know my dad passed away 2 months ago today, on May 31, 2025. I posted it in the Members Only section when it happened. Thanks to all of you who have offered kind words on the forum, with phone calls, and visits in person during this time.
The Big Sale is on but not like originally planned, it is a by appointment type of thing now. I don't have the manpower, or the desire to do a big event like originally planned, I just need to sell a lot of parts that are taking up too much space here. I have been told and believe we are overloaded with Wheel Horse parts like no one has ever seen. Peeps have already been coming in from different parts of the country and buying a lot of stuff due to seeing the sale page, and seeing we are the only Wheel Horse only business in the USA that does things on the scale we do. The sale will continue for awhile until I free up some more space but you may not want to wait too long as things are being sold every day and there are limits to how many of certain parts will be sold.
As it says on the page it is still under construction and the page isn't finished yet. I've had a ton of calls for parts and the Big Sale Page may help answer some questions about what is here before peeps call. I hope that page is also clear that we DO NOT SHIP anything... This is a by appointment type of thing now. Be sure to call before you come to make sure the day isn't already full with peeps scheduled to come in, and make sure what you want is still available.
Balance gears (?)
- kudzu
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-

Registered
JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY WROTE IT, DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Trouty56
-
- Offline
- Supporter
-

Registered
- Hydros Rule!!
- Posts: 903
Heck...I've even broken them out with a cold chisel.... Did that to a 16hp about 5 years ago on a 160....still ran as smooth as before....the guy that bought it still has it.
Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky
"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- M Bailey
-
- Offline
- Supporter
-

Registered
- Posts: 654
Trouty56 wrote: If you took them out leave them out.....without the tool to replace them they will shake the engine apart. Any time I open an engine I remove them before they remove themselves....
Heck...I've even broken them out with a cold chisel.... Did that to a 16hp about 5 years ago on a 160....still ran as smooth as before....the guy that bought it still has it.
I agree with Bob, take them out and leave them out, you'll never know they were gone. Sometimes less equals more!
Major
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- kudzu
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-

Registered
- Posts: 37
JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY WROTE IT, DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Trouty56
-
- Offline
- Supporter
-

Registered
- Hydros Rule!!
- Posts: 903
Bob T
Adams County Pennsyltucky
"One, that's easy to remember. It's the first number in the alphabet...." - Barney Fife
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- kudzu
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-

Registered
- Posts: 37
JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY WROTE IT, DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- kudzu
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-

Registered
- Posts: 37
JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY WROTE IT, DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- M Bailey
-
- Offline
- Supporter
-

Registered
- Posts: 654
Major
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- kudzu
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-

Registered
- Posts: 37
JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY WROTE IT, DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT.
Please Log in to join the conversation.
- Geno
-
- Offline
- Administrator Supporter
-

Super Users
- Wheel Horse Stables Owner
All engines are balanced to a point or they wouldn't last very long. As far as precision balancing goes, there are people who balance for longevity, some do it for performance, and some do it out of need. If you do balance it will always give you longevity, performance, an eliminate vibration period. The need comes in at higher RPM. Basically, too much weight on the end of something unbalanced at too high an RPM will always create more shear force and something will break. That will mean a lot of fancy parts, time, and effort down the tubes. I think the reason manufacturers don't precision balance is because if they did, with proper maintenance, an engine would last too long...
I tried to get this as simple as possible and hope I didn't get anything wrong in the breakdown.
Please Log in to join the conversation.